
Then we stopped at Old North State located in downtown Mount Airy (IE. Mayberry - like on the Andy Griffith Show).

Next up was Black Wolf in Dobson. We did the tasting but wasn't impressed with the wine. However lunch was really good. Check out some of the animals living there.
Then we moved on to Stony Knoll in Dobson.

Our final stop on Saturday was Brushy Mountain in downtown Elkin. Didn't get any pictures of that one. So after 5 wineries it was time to check in at the hotel. After resting up for a while, we went to dinner at Basin Creek Country Store...really good food. Day one was lots of fun.
4 comments:
Rumor has it you slept all the way there????
Sounds like fun, did you sample LOTS?????
That rumor could very well be true!
Yes we sampled lots. A minimum of 5 per winery, most of the time it was around 7-8.
Oh, I wish I could have been there! I love winery tours!
That sounds like so much fun. My parents visited Mt Airy several years ago and talked about what a neat place it was. I'd like to visit there some day.
Post a Comment