Friday, February 20, 2009

Weekend in Review

On Friday night, my sis "L" came down from VA to spend the weekend with me. We went to Red Robin for dinner then hung out talking about wedding stuff and watching tv. On Saturday, we went with Girlville & her hubby to Hobby Lobby & Garden Ridge in Greensboro. K had never checked out those stores before and I kept talking up HL. (I go to the one in VA all the time.) Then we met up with a co-worker of K's and ate lunch at Bear Rock.

Afterward we headed to Mebane, NC to visit Iron Gate winery where we tasted 14 wines! (yes that is a lot!) I came home with 3 bottles - 2 reds and 1 raspberry. Next we went to Rock of Ages winery in Hurdle Mills, NC. I bought a bottle of chardonnay. We enjoyed a glass of wine by the fire before heading home...so every nice and relaxing.

On Sunday, my sis & I worked on an essay to submit with her nursing school application. She plans to start the program in the fall. Once the "work" was complete, we treated ourselves to pedi's and lunch at Moe's.

It was a great weekend...lots of fun!! Just too bad tomorrow is Monday and that means back to work! :-(

2 comments:

Sandy said...

That sounds like a fun-filled weekend. And Aunt Sue and I want to eat at Red Robin some day! I can't wait to hear what K thinks of Hobby Lobby. I love it!

Pam said...

That sounds like fun! A friend of mine who is from Washington State use to talk about Red Robin all the time. We don't have one in K-ville but there is one in Nashville now. We finally ate at one in Seattle last August. Pretty good.

I miss Garden Ridge. I use to go there quite a bit when I lived in Nashville. Although, now the one I visited is out of business. =(
There is still one in Lexington, KY that we go to occasionally.

The winery sounds like such fun!