I just finished reading "The Fixer Upper" by Mary Kay Andrews and it was SO good. Easy read ... great story. The book begins with DC lobbyist Dempsey losing her job after being caught up in a political scandal. Her father offers her the opportunity to move to Guthrie, Georgia to restore "Birdsong", the old family place he recently inherited. There she meets some interesting people and hires a local lawyer to help get her out of the scandal mess in DC. All while she is fixing up "Birdsong" on a very limited budget.
Buy this one...I know you will enjoy reading it!
6 comments:
Looking forward to reading it next week at the beach! Glad to hear it's a good one.
Yea...I'm looking forward to reading it, too.
Thanks for telling about this book. I will have to add it to my Summer reading list!
Thanks for the review, I can't wait to read it.
I love reading other peoples reviews.. I need to get started on my summer reading.. I have lots to get through!! And then to ship off!!
Thanks! I was just thinking I need a new book to read on our upcoming vacation, and I love her other books. I will have to check this one out!
Post a Comment