I just finished reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. If you are a Sparks fan, this book will not disappoint.The story begins with Ronnie (age 17) dealing with her parents divorce and her father moving from New York City to Wilmington, NC. After 3 years, she remains angry especially with her father. Then her mother decides it would best if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, and is busy creating a stained glass window for the local church. Ronnie meets some kids she shouldn't hang around with as well as a young man that becomes her first love. As the summer continues, you can see Ronnie's life changing from bad to good. It's a story about love on so many levels.
A highly recommended read...I think you will enjoy!
7 comments:
LOL! We must be reading this at the same time. I have 70 more pages to go...
We must have been! What do you think??
I love your Halloween banner!
I've not read this book, but he is a good author!
I finished it last night and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I saw him inteviewed on a Borders Media thing and he said that he wrote the screenplay for the movie before he wrote this book so he worked backwards essentially.
The movie was filmed this summer at Tybee Island with Miley Cyrus playing Ronnie. I knew this before I read it and couldn't get her imagine out of my mind so that probably added to some initial issues when I started reading it. I think it's scheduled to come out in January. He's got another one coming out at some point, Dear John.
Oh Dear John is going to be turned into a movie? Yeah I'm with you ...I knew Miley would play Ronnie too. So when I was reading, at times she would be stuck in my head.
Love Nicolas Sparks! I may go out and pay full price for this one, I always love his books.. Except for 3 weeks with my brother.. it was good but it was a memoir...yeah I was not ready for that
Post a Comment