Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wedding Location, etc.

This weekend the family & I went to confirm the wedding site location. The wedding will be held at Chinqua Penn Plantation, in NC (about 30 minutes outside of VA where my sister lives) on July 18, 2009. It is a lovely historical home with beautiful grounds.

This is the wine arbor where the ceremony will take place:



Front of the house:

Side of the house:

Back of the house:

Gardens - location of the reception:

After the ceremony, the guests will be able to tour the home while the wedding party is taking pictures. The gardens will be in full bloom by summer time and should be great backdrop for the pictures.

Once we finished there, my mom, sister & I went to Greensboro to wedding dress shop. "L" already had a dress picked out and was just going to confirm and order. But I saw this one dress that I told her she had to try on. So she did...loved it and that ended up being "the one". She said she felt like a Cinderella bride in it and knew that was the one she had to have. We also found the bridesmaids dresses & shoes (I told you I had to wear hot pink right?) and my mom found her a dress. It was a very successful shopping trip. "L" now has some major things marked off the list!

3 comments:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

What a beautiful venue! Great idea! I can't wait to see your hot pink dress. LOL! You're a barbie girl living in a barbie world...

Pam said...

What a lovely venue!!

Anonymous said...

Punchy, you were 14 miles from my home in K'ville. You know you love N.C. so just go ahead and leave your Yankee home as I did and move down here. There are plenty of lakes, however, none that compare with good old Lake Ontario. Shopping here is great. Glad you had good luck. The wedding site will be perfect for the wedding. Been there. Interesting kitchen. Will look forward to your blog about the wedding.
Swampgirl's Mom